Thursday, April 1, 2010

Just Three Guys: A Tribute

The Lonely Island. Back in 2001, The Lonely Island was nothing more than three friends with film/theatre degrees, too much spare time, and a videocamera. Ever since Jorma Taccone and Akiva Schaffer landed spots on SNL as writers, and Andy Samberg joined the SNL cast - it has been a slippery slope.

Now, like most people with a sense of humour and an internet connection will tell you, I loved: Lazy Sunday, Dick In A Box, Jizz In My Pants, and I’m On A Boat (T-Pain kicked the shit out of that bridge, let's be honest). I just can't help but be disappointed by some of their work that fell short such as We Like Sportz, Space Olympics, and their most recent fail called Boombox - the song that sparked this post. I love Jorma, Kiv, and Andy. I just want them to be better. After looking around a little bit I found a link to their old website, where I first fell in love with The Dudes. I highly recommend checking it out. Not to be missed: Bing Bong Brothers, Stork Patrol, Peppers, Just Two Guys, The Heist, Ardy Pardy, White Power, and Regarding Ardy. That's right, it's 2001 and I refuse to come back.

3 comments:

  1. aaaaah that photo is so excellent :D

    Funnily enough I'm actually looking for a blazer in that colour :)
    thanks for the sweet comments
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually enjoyed space olympics, but they certainly do have to step up their game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fingers crossed that the Macgruber movie knocks our socks off... check out the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqySbDqTGGc

    ReplyDelete

And I'll love you forever.